GEM Worldwide Ltd will control and manage its activities to ensure risks to the health, safety and welfare of its employees, customers and the general public are identified and action taken to minimise or eliminate their effects.
As a responsible worldwide shipping company, adverse effects of operational activities on the environment will be minimised as far as practicable.
The objectives of this policy are:
- To comply with our legal obligations under the current Health, Safety and Welfare Act and the Environmental Protection Act, together with all other applicable statutory provisions and relevant codes of practice.
- To continuously seek to reduce pollution, emissions and increase the recycling of waste.
- To continuously seek to reduce the environmental impact of fuels and materials essential to our business.
- To raise awareness, encourage participation and train our employees in environmental matters.
- To maintain a safe and healthy working environment for our employees, with adequate facilities appropriate to our business.
- To minimise the social impact of the company activities and avoid damage to the environment through annual reviews of the business, via environmental and management systems audits.
- To expect similar environmental standards from all suppliers and contractors.
GEM is a worldwide shipping company which takes its obligations to the environment seriously. For further information, please contact our customer service team on (+65) 6908 0210